Easter holidays with Onside Coaching
Does your child or young person have a special need?
Ramadan is the ninth month in the Islamic calendar, and it consists of a 29–30-day period of fasting, self-control, charity giving and goodwill to others.
From Our Headteacher
Welcome to our Website!
We appreciate you taking the time to find out about us and our school. I have proudly led Whitley Abbey Primary school since January 2022 and the vision Hand in Hand we Learn motivates and drives me daily.
At Whitley Abbey Primary School, we aim to give our amazing children the very best education possible, so they exceed their potential. Our core learning values of commitment, opportunity, respect and personal excellence are the backbone of the school, shaping our curriculum and guiding our behaviours.
We want our curriculum to inspire children. It will enable them to be ambitious and meet their future needs ensuring they develop a lifelong love of learning.
Our curriculum is designed to be broad and balanced, enabling children to link different areas and providing a depth of knowledge and understanding for them to draw on.
Our individual backgrounds, our culture, and our climate for learning is underpinned by:
- Possibilities and Citizenship
- Reading and Vocabulary
- Health and Wellbeing
- Understanding Diversity
Whitley Abbey Primary School is an exciting place – and our children are our best asset. Buzzing with energy, they are at the heart of everything we do, and meeting their needs is our key focus.
We are immensely proud of our school and always welcome pre-arranged visits – do get in touch.
– Robbie Walker
Our Aims and Values
- For everyone to be valued, safe and happy.
- To nurture mental and physical health of everyone through our character values of; kindness, honesty, friendship, courage, resilience and gratitude.
- To foster positive relationships, to engender an ethos of tolerance, respect and an understanding that we live in a diverse community.
- To strive to open children’s minds to life’s possibilities and to promote citizenship amongst our children.
- To place a great emphasis on developing a love of reading and vocabulary to enable children to become lifelong learners.
- To promote high standards of teaching and learning and expect the highest levels of attainment for everyone.
‘Hand in Hand we Learn’
We have a committed governing body who take an active role in leading our school forward and a dedicated team of teachers, teaching assistants and a learning mentor working harmoniously to organise wonderful lessons, experiences and events that engage and develop our pupils and their families. We treat everyone as an individual, with the unique potential to learn, grow and achieve their best within our supportive and caring environment.
Our school is fortunate to have ‘Abbey Oaks’, our out-of-school club, which offers wraparound care for children before and after school.
Come and Join Us
At Whitley Abbey Primary School we value the partnership with home and wholeheartedly invite you to the wide range of open events, parents evenings, workshops and courses so that you can fully participate in your child’s education. Please take a little time each week to look at our school calendar and newsletters to see how and when you can join in with us.